Kardi Leasing are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communication from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected parties who help us provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you engage with our website, applications or repairer network. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for. Some of this information does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
1. Name (including title)
3. Phone number
4. Date of birth
5. Email address
6. Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage
and warranty repair information)
7. The date and time you used our services
8. The places you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
9. Your IP address
10. Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this)
11. The internet browser and devices you are using
12. Cookie, pixels or beacon information (for more information please see our cookie
13. The website address from which you accessed our website
14. Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer
15. Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title,
company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details.
16. Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre
17. Any information within correspondence you send to us
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed you can:
• Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
• Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
• Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
• Give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data for example health information
Sensitive personal information
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information, for example where you require us to tailor our goods and services to an existing physical condition e.g. where you are applying for a finance or an insurance product and we are required to enquire whether you have a committed a criminal offence. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
• Your ethnic origin
• Your political origins
• Your religious beliefs
• Whether you belong to a trade union
• Your physical or mental health or condition
• Your sexual life
• Whether you have committed a criminal offence
We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
How do we use your information?
Kardi Leasing will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your personal information to:
1. Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or
information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry we wont bombard you)
2. To share your personal information with our recommended third parties, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details here or in relation to marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our authorised repairers or selected partners)
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
1. To respond to correspondence, you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us
(for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles).
2. To provide vehicle support or services (for example warranty services)
Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ and drivers’ needs
3. To analyse, evaluate and improve our product and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer service centre and authorised repairer network are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally)
4. To undertake market, analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph above.
5. For product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety)
6. In some cases, we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us (including the sharing of your personal information within our group (see details about our group companies). We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due for a service).
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
7. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a
product and service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
8. To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from our authorised repairer network or an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing.
9. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
12. To verify the accuracy of the information that we hold about you and create a better
understanding of you as a customer
13. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access
14. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example, where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
15. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example, to register your car with the DVLA)
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: roadside recovery service providers, bodyshop repairers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated non-specific data sets wherever possible.
“Personal data sharing with third parties
Your personal data may be shared with financial services organisations, such as companies which provide hire-purchase funding and banks providing such funding. This is for the
purpose of securing such funding on your behalf. We may provide personal data to enable such financial services organisations to carry out necessary searches in order to enable them to make a funding decision for you and meeting their legal and regulatory requirements.
In addition, these funders may share your data within their group of companies who provide services to them and so that they and any other companies in their group can look after your relationship with us and them.”
There are circumstances where we share your information with other companies within our group in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested. For example, we might share information with finance companies where you enquire about their services or where you make a complaint to them about us. For more information, please see all of our other companies’ privacy statements on their websites.
How long do we keep your information for?
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicle purchased from us), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products and services, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the data we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
• The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
• Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query
• You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• Access to your account is controlled by a password and user name
• We store your personal data on secure services
• Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology)
[ we are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.]
While we use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How you can contact us?’ below)
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identify theft, viruses and many other online problems please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get safe online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How can I manage the information you hold about me.
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
1. Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
2. Correct and update your information
3. Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it)
4. Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object.
5. Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), providing we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information
6. Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract
“How can I contact you?”
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Post: Kardi Leasing, 34 Tanners Dr, Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5BN
Phone: 01908 618888
If you have any specific data protection concerns or complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office
Call: 0303 123 1113